Some of the most known benefits to Strength Training include:
· Reduced Fat
· Improved Bone Density
· Controlled Blood Sugar Levels
· Boosted Flexibility and Mobility
· Injury Prevention
· Increased Muscle Size and Strength
· Higher Metabolic Rate
But what specific benefits do CHEST exercises provide?
Here are 4 benefits to working out your CHEST (pectoralis major and minor) that you may not know…
1. Improved Posture: As one of the largest muscles in your upper body, the pecs play a major role in maintaining good posture. In addition to your back and shoulder muscles, your pecs help to stabilize the shoulder joint.
2. Better Breathing: In addition to improving your posture, strengthening and lengthening chest muscles helps to support deeper breathing, because the pecs are attached to your ribs, which expand with every breath.
3. Breast Support: Building muscle around breast tissue helps to provide more lift and support.
4. Everyday Activities: Anything that involves lifting, holding, squeezing or pushing calls on your chest muscles. Challenge yourself in that chest track, so next time you can move that heavy piece of furniture or hit that tennis or pickle ball with gusto!
Some of our favorite chest exercises include
• All variations of push ups
• Chest Press
• Chest Fly